Given the risk of spreading the coronavirus (COVID-19), Dans la rue would like to inform the public that the following measures have been implemented in order to continue to offer select services to homeless youth while reducing the risk not only to them, but also to our staff, our volunteers and our partners:
- Hygiene measures of mandatory handwashing, frequent cleaning of surfaces and social distancing are being employed at all our facilities.
- The Bunker emergency shelter remains open. The Day Centre cafeteria remains open and offers take-out dinners. Youth also have the opportunity to eat on site.
- Emmett-Johns School is closed until March 29, 2020, in accordance with government and CSDM guidelines.
- Van services are cancelled until March 29, 2020.
- Volunteer activities and donor/partner visits in our services are suspended until March 29, 2020.
- Our employees and volunteers will refrain from attending external meetings or third-party events until March 29, 2020.
- We will not be accepting or collecting donations of food or other items from third parties until March 29, 2020.
Monetary donations allow us to continue to offer services to homeless and at-risk youth all year round. Our online platform is a safe, secure way to give: https://danslarue.org/en/donations/
We are carefully following the instructions issued by government and public health authorities. We are also taking part in virtual meetings with the Service régional des activités communautaires et de l’itinérance to closely monitor the situation. We will keep you apprised of developments as they occur.
The following resources provide more information
Dans la rue’s Day Centre : Call 514-526-7677
Santé Québec website : https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/
Info-Santé: Call 811 or 1-877-644-4545
211 Greater Montréal social and community information service : https://www.211qc.ca/en/ or call 211