DANS LA RUE CONTINUES TO OFFER ADAPTED SUPPORT TO YOUTH
During the pandemic, Dans la rue continues to offer adapted support to homeless youth and youth at risk by keeping essential services open, including the Bunker (our emergency shelter), the Day Centre cafeteria with meals to take out or to eat on site and psychosocial support.
The following services remain closed or suspended until further notice: Emmett-Johns School, Van services, art room, music room, activities with the youth, collecting donations of food and material items as well as volunteer activities, third-party events and donor visits.
INFORMATION FOR YOUTH
Apply hygiene measures:
• Keep a distance of 6 feet with people around you, including in the queues, to avoid contamination by droplets.
• Wash your hands regularly in warm water for 20 seconds.
• If you don’t have soap and water, use an alcohol-based disinfectant (eg, Purell).
• Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
• If you use a tissue, throw it in a trash can as soon as possible and then wash your hands.
• If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
• If you consume, do not share your consumption material (cigarettes, straws, pipes, syringes, bottles, etc.).
If you have questions about Dans la rue services or if you wish to speak to an intervention worker:
• Call the Dans la rue Day Centre at: 514-526-7677.
If you have to go to the toilet and wash your hands:
• The City of Montreal has installed chemical toilets with sinks in several public places in Ville-Marie, Mercier Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Plateau Mont-Royal and Ahuntsic.
If you need food or information about COVID-19:
• You can go to the outdoor day centres at Place Émilie-Gamelin and Cabot Square, between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm.
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing:
• Call 514-644-4545 to get a screening appointment.
• Or go to the walk-in screening clinic located at Place des Festivals (corner of St-Urbain and de Maisonneuve).
• The Québec Health Insurance Card is not required.
• If you test positive for COVID-19, you will be taken to the isolation center of the former Royal Victoria Hospital.
If you are looking for information on other community resources:
• Call 211.
Thank you to all our donors for showing solidarity with homeless youth in this uncertain time. To make a donation : https://danslarue.org/en/donations/